Book now for a Intro to Fresco Workshop.
An introduction to Fusion’s FRESCO!
This is a brand new workshop being offered, and although it may be considered an advanced technique, we welcome beginners too.
Here’s the deal:
Bring an old table lamp or a vase that you have around the house, or from an op-shop or YES, re-vamp Grandma’s lamp.
If you don’t have a lamp, any of the following would be suitable for this project.
Examples of items that are suitable or things to look for:
- table lamp must have a solid base suitable for painting in an old world, rustic style.
- can be wood, ceramic, concrete or metal.
- we’ll also be painting the lampshade, so any kind of fabric lampshade is suitable for this (it’s okay if you don’t have a shade).
- See below for examples of lamp styles that would work well for this project.
- any ceramic vase, any size
- a terracotta or even a plastic plant pot (example here)
- a picture frame (we have some you can purchase for $3 if you can’t find one)
In our 3 hour workshop we will:
- learn the basics of using Fresco – Fusion Mineral Paint’s latest product (an addition to paint to create and old world patina)
- paint your lamp base using Fresco and Fusion Mineral Paint.
- learn tips on how to paint fabric as we transform your lamp shade with Fusion Mineral Paint in the colour of your choice.
- enjoy a delicious morning tea (barista coffee too!)
- discuss the various finishes and looks you can achieve with Fresco (numerous possibilities!)
- add a final finish to your lamp base using glazes or waxes
Workshops are held in Heritage Park, QLD. Bookings are essential. Spaces are limited.
After you have booked your place, you will be sent further details including address, etc. closer to the workshop day.
Email any further enquiries to: email@example.com
Examples of what to bring (if you’re still unsure, email me a picture of your lamp, vase or pot):