An Easy-peasy Tutorial
My daughter had a friend over for the day during our latest school holiday period, and they were happily playing around, creating their own fun, when suddenly I had an idea …
I Restore Stuff – Kids Can Too
I was wanting to try out a new technique for painting on signs and furniture that I had seen on the internet, so I thought why not get the girls involved in helping me create an impromptu video on how to do this, showing other kids how easy it is to create some simple art for their bedroom
(I first saw this technique via Fiona Debell, Decorative Painting Workshop Specialist.)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- a wooden board – any shape & size is okay, big enough for a sign or piece of wall art
- white paint – we used Fusion Mineral Paint colour, Casement.
- blue paint – we used Fusion Mineral Paint colour, Liberty Blue.
- paint brush.
- water for washing brushes.
- pair of old denim jeans – the more pockets and details the better.
Here’s the tutorial video:
The girls were amazed at how great it turned out. I also give a few basic painting tips as we go.
We’d love you to share this with others as a great example of a holiday activity you could do with your own kids.
Imagine the possibilities? I’d love to hear what you would use this effect on, so leave a comment below if you have some creative ideas! I’m looking forward to using this technique on some furniture in the near future, so stay tuned.
PS. You can view loads more tutorials and subscribe to my Youtube channel HERE.